Summer is here! Many of us are excited for warmer weather and some relaxing summer days. To boost your comfort and truly relax, ensure your air conditioner is ready for the summer heat. One of the keys to a enjoyable summer in Huntsville is a dependable, efficient air conditioner. While All Weather Heating & Air Conditioning Inc constantly recommends staying on track with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got numerous tips to help keep your air conditioner in top shape over the summer.
- First, another time to remind you of the golden rule of HVAC: Check your air filter consistently! Replace it per the manufacturer’s suggestion.
- Remove any covering from your air conditioning unit if you had it covered for the cold season. Starting your air conditioner prior to removing the cover can ultimately damage it and cause you costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris placed close to your outside unit can reduce your AC’s functionality. Trim the grass, clean out any debris and clear away overgrowth that impedes on your unit before you run it this summer. remember to check the surroundings at least monthly to keep it clear and increase airflow through your air conditioner.
- To provide the best air quality and that your air conditioner is running efficiently, have your ducts cleared out regularly. It’s also a good idea to have your ducts checked for leaks to ensure all that cooled air is going where you want it and not escaping through gaps.
- Consider setting up a programmable thermostat to help you manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Take a look at the slab your air conditioner unit is placed on.
These easy steps can save you from additional air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable during the warmer weather. If it’s time to schedule your annual air conditioner service, or if you would like any more tips or ideas to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running steadily, call All Weather Heating & Air Conditioning Inc in Huntsville at 256-801-4701 today.