Before you work on filling up the calendar with summer vacations and trips, make sure you schedule time to have your air conditioner looked at by a heating and cooling professional. Routine maintenance may not feel like a sense of urgency, but regular air conditioner service does more for your air conditioner than you think.
Why do tune-ups help?
- Minimize need for repairs – Most people agree that the summer months in Huntsville are not the ideal time for an air conditioner to stop working. Scheduling air conditioner service helps you be more proactive and our expert technicians can look for any red flags that indicate trouble ahead for your air conditioner.
- Ensure efficient operations – Not only can tune-ups identify areas of concern, but it also keeps your air conditioner running as efficiently as possible. Air conditioners are investments that you are required to continually check on and maintain to make sure you are receiving the optimal benefits from your unit.
- Reduce expenses – You want the optimal performance possible out of your air conditioner. A comfortable home is the main priority, but a properly running air conditioner also reduces your energy bills and adds years to the life of your system.
What will a technician do during an air conditioning tune-up?
- Check the filter status – It’s recommended to change your filters at least every three months, so the technician will take a look at the cleanliness of your filter. Filters that are dirty force your air conditioner to work harder and can also reduce the quality of the air in your house.
- Check refrigerant charge – Too much and too little are never good things when it comes to refrigerant levels. Too little refrigerant can cause extra stress on your system and too much will affect how efficiently your air conditioner maintains cool temperatures in your home.
- Check electrical connections – There are lots of moving parts within in an air conditioner and when any of these parts become loose it increases the chance of sparks or other damage to the electrical components.
- Clean the coils – Dust and other particles can accumulate on both your outdoor and indoor coils, which can harm efficiency and increase the amount of energy used.
The experts from All Weather Heating & Air Conditioning Inc in Huntsville will give you a quality air conditioner tune-up and service, also answering any questions you have about your air conditioner, its performance or your home’s overall comfort levels. Give them a call at 256-801-4701 and stay comfortable this summer.