Having regular air conditioning service performed at least once a year can help prolong the life of your air conditioner and keep it running at top efficiency. Before we get to the warmest days of the Huntsville season, have the experts at All Weather Heating & Air Conditioning Inc conduct your routine air conditioning service.
Particular tasks should always be completed during a usual air conditioning service appointment. According to energy.gov, your technician should always:
- Check for the proper amount of refrigerant, and if needed, test for refrigerant leaks using a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is necessary, reclaim any refrigerant that must be emptied from the system, rather than unlawfully discharging it to the environment.
- Look for proper airflow through the system.
- Verify the correct electric control sequence to guarantee correct sequence of operation.
- Examine electric terminals, clean and strengthen connections.
- Inspect the accuracy of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, changing or cleaning your air filters frequently is a top priority. That’s because nothing else that easy can help ensure your air conditioner continues to run at peak efficiency. In addition to when the air filter is cleaned or replaced during your yearly air conditioning service appointment, you should check it habitually. We suggest looking at it every month or according to the manufacturer’s suggestion. How often it actually requires cleaning or replacement will depend on individual influences in your home, like how much dust enters your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your routine air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another component of air conditioner maintenance, call All Weather Heating & Air Conditioning Inc today at 256-801-4701.