Typically, air ducts need to be cleaned every three to five years according to the National Air Duct Cleaners Association
. Depending on a lot of factors—like your home’s location, whether or not you have pets, and how frequently your air filter has been changed, to name some—you may require air duct cleaning
more or less regularly. So, how can you know for sure when it’s time to have your ducts cleaned? There are absolutely some revealing signs when it’s time.
Look for these clues:
- Are your cold air returns coated with dust or pet hair?
- Is there an obstruction inside your cold air return vent?
- Are your registers blowing out dust?
- When you look inside with a flashlight, can you see an accumulation of debris or pet fur?
- Have insects or rodents made a home in your ductwork?
- Can you hear noise other than your blower motor when you listen to the airflow?
- When your vents are fully opened, do any have less airflow than others?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, it’s most likely time to ask All Weather Heating & Air Conditioning Inc in Huntsville about air duct cleaning.
Prolonging Time Between Air Duct Cleaning
There are some things you can do to help keep your ducts cleaner and extend the amount of time between expert cleanings.
Mostly importantly, setup routine HVAC maintenance with the experts at All Weather Heating & Air Conditioning Inc. A service of your furnace each fall and your AC each spring, which should include inspection, and possible replacement, of your air filter, will help keep your HVAC system functioning well, and will help keep your ducts clean.
You can also chat with the team at All Weather Heating & Air Conditioning Inc about installing an air purification system. We provide the Lennox PureAir Air Purification System, Healthy Climate Carbon Clean 16 Media Air Cleaner, Healthy Climate 11 Media Air Cleaner, Healthy Climate High-Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) Filtration System and Healthy Climate UV Germicidal Lights.
Other steps you can take include:
- Consistently dusting and vacuuming your home.
- Inspecting your air filters regularly and exchanging them when the manufacturer recommends changing them. Most filters will show dust on them after a brief stint in service, but they may not require replacement.
- Sealing leaks in air ducts that permit dust to come in from areas like your attic.
- Exchanging poor or impaired air-duct insulation.
With a specialized air duct cleaning and some preemptive measures, you can help keep the air in your Huntsville home clean and healthy. Give the professionals at All Weather Heating & Air Conditioning Inc a call at 256-801-4701.