As we get deeper in to November and the temperature continues to dip, we’re faced with the impending decision of when to flip on the heat. For some folks, that time has already come and for others, it is looming large. Of course with the cold swiftly approaching now is the time to take in to consideration replacing your home’s furnace because no one wants their furnace to go out in the middle of the coldest day of the month.
So when it’s time to replace your furnace, how do you know whether you should go with an oil furnace or a gas furnace? Well we’re here to help answer that for you. After all, there’s no point in being bundled up in the middle of January because you didn’t know your furnace was on its last legs.
Take a few moments and read what both types of furnaces can provide you and give us a call at 256-801-4701 if you have any other questions.
- Up-front cost is lower than gas furnaces
- Offer more heat than other furnaces
- Easily serviced by the oil delivery company
- Maintenance can be more thorough because of dirt and grim buildup
- Fuel costs are greater than gas furnaces
- Less efficient than gas furnaces
- More efficient than oil furnaces
- Cheaper fuel compared to oil furnaces
*Note: your home must be in an area where a gas supply is available
- Very little maintenance required
- Gives less heat than oil furnaces
- Up-front cost is 10-25% more than similar sized oil furnaces
No matter which furnace you decide to go with, your comfort should never be sacrificed, so make sure you make the most informed decision possible. If you happen to have any questions during the process, don’t waver in giving All Weather Heating & Air Conditioning Inc in Huntsville a call at 256-801-4701. We’re more than happy to help resolve all of your furnace questions.