With warmer temperatures right around the corner, now is the time to prep your air conditioner. When your air conditioner
is running at top efficiency, it can save a large amount off your energy expenses! Likewise, if your air conditioning unit needs service, it could significantly heighten your bills and cause needless and life-shortening wear and tear on your system. Having your All Weather Heating & Air Conditioning Inc professional perform air conditioning service
at least annually is critical to keeping your system running efficiently for the long haul. He or she can be sure the unit is operating properly and can identify possible issues in advance of them happening, saving you even more money.
Your skilled air conditioning service should include, but is not limited to:
- Replacement of, or cleaning of, air filters
- Cleaning of condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
- Lubrication of all moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Performance of cooling cycle assessment
In addition to setting up your professional air conditioning service, there are tasks you can do now and periodically throughout the year to ensure your air conditioner is at top performance.
- Uncover your outdoor unit if you kept it covered during cooler months. Using your AC with a cover, coil blanket or lid on it may damage your system and end with the need for large repairs or even replacement.
- Clean the area surrounding your AC. Make sure there are no shrubs, weeds, flowers, etc. growing too close to your AC unit because they could inhibit airflow through your AC. Also be sure there aren’t piles of leaves or mulch covering any part of it.
During the year:
- While your filters could be cleaned or swapped out during your skilled air conditioning service, it’s important for you to look at them each month and replace per the manufacturer’s suggestion. Every home has different needs when talking about air filter replacement, depending on things like owning house pets or doing home construction through the year.
Having your ducts cleaned regularly will also be sure your air conditioner is able to run efficiently and will help you maintain a comfy home. By following these simple, proactive steps, you’ll be doing everything you can to be sure your air conditioner will be ready for whatever summer brings your way. Give the experts at All Weather Heating & Air Conditioning Inc a call at 256-801-4701.