Summer weather in Huntsville can be a bear. But you don’t have to choose between being comfortably cool and saving money on your utility bills. We’ve compiled some tips to make it simple.
The best thing you can do to stay comfortable and maintain energy efficiency is by servicing your air conditioner. ENERGY STAR® suggests keeping your system working at its best and efficiently, and All Weather Heating & Air Conditioning Inc is able to help. During an AC tune-up appointment, we’ll complete the following tasks recommended by ENERGY STAR and more:
- Tighten all electrical connections and measure voltage and current on motors to ensure safe operation of your system and the possibility of a longer lifespan for major components.
- Clean the air conditioner’s evaporator and condenser coils as needed. Dirty coils require your system to run longer to do its job.
- Check system controls to make sure of proper and safe operation.
- Inspect refrigerant levels.
- Clean and adjust blower components to ensure correct system airflow.
Another critical piece to remaining cool is routinely inspecting your air conditioner’s air filter. A dirty filter could increase energy costs and damage your equipment, which may lead to untimely failure. Our All Weather Heating & Air Conditioning Inc professionals will look at these for you at your tune-up appointment, but you’ll want to follow the manufacturer’s recommendations to set up your own schedule to switch them out.
Here are a handul of other tips to keep your home comfy and energy-efficient:
- Look at thermostat settings to ensure your air conditioner keeps you comfortable when you are home and saves energy while you are away.
- If you find yourself cool at night, you can turn off your air conditioner and open your windows. Let nature cool your home for you! In the morning, shut your windows and window coverings to trap the cool air and block the sun’s heat.
- Utilize fans. An ENERGY-STAR ceiling fan will allow you to set your thermostat a tad higher than you regularly would without noting any changes in your comfort level.
- Another kind of fan people seem to forget about when they’re trying to keep cool is their bathroom ventilation fan. Make sure to run yours when you shower as well as 20 minutes or longer after you’re done to remove the heat and humidity from your bathroom.
- Avoid leaving lights on and running many appliances on the hottest days. Obviously, your stovetop and oven add heat into your home, but even normal activities like watching TV, working on the computer, and drying or curling your hair can boost the heat in your home.
If you’d like more ideas on how to keep your home cool and energy efficient this summer, give All Weather Heating & Air Conditioning Inc at call at 256-801-4701 or request an appointment with us online.