Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little bad luck, but we sometimes see heat pump problems in Huntsville during the winter time, when they’re needed the most to keep you comfortable. While you know the team at All Weather Heating & Air Conditioning Inc will constantly be there ASAP when you ask for us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to double check a repair is necessary and save yourself some expenses if it’s not. We’ve gathered this checklist of things to try before you give us a call.
- It may sound strange, but make sure everything is turned “on”. We’ve been to several calls only to find the thermostat or the heat pump itself is switched off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t switched on, revisit your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat set to heat? If yes, raise the temperature by five degrees to see if it switches on.
- If everything looks right, inspect your heat pump switch (if it has one) and inspect the fuses and circuit breaker that guard the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is a blockage causing your heat pump to not work?
- Try swapping the battery, if it has one.
- Check your air filters inside your air handler to ensure they’re not jamming things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and unbarred?
If you’ve moved through this checklist and you still need a heat pump fix, call All Weather Heating & Air Conditioning Inc at 256-801-4701 and we’ll get your home back to the welcoming and cozy place you expect this time of year.